Friday, 19 October 2012
Don't let the bastards grind you down
Here are a few reasons why recently I have been feeling particularly like mushed up and soggy paper:
1) Fresher's flu. And I'm not even a fresher.
2) Dissertation angst.
3) Final university project angst.
4) I graduate next year.
5) What am I going to do with my life?
6) Am I ever going to get a job?
7) Am I ever going to get a job that isn't working in Macdonald's?
8) I wrote an article about unpaid internships and people keep telling me how brave I am.
9) This makes me slightly worried.
11) The Great British Bake Off has finished.
Don't let the bastards grind you down. That was my inspiration for this outfit. Life may feel like a giant washing machine at times, but you just have to dry yourself off, stick yourself back together and remember what you believe in. And I believe in pink, I believe in smiling and I believe in not just waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain.
(And I believe in cake).