Sunday 14 November 2010

Smiley Skinny Chocolate Brownies

As a treat at the end of a day of essay writing, my flatmate Angel and I baked a batch of rich, gooey and smiley (thanks to the icing skills of Miss Angel Tam) chocolate brownies.

But these are chocolate brownies with a difference. Finally, a tray of lip-licking baked goodness that you can tuck into pretty much guilt-free. Because these brownies don't contain any flour, sugar or butter, and instead use one very alternative ingredient. A pumpkin.
When Angel told me about the recipe she had found I must admit I was more than a little sceptical. Vegetable brownies? Really? Was this another con like mayonnaise that brands itself as 'light' purely for containing a little more water? And as much as I love pumpkin in the form of creamy soup, would it really be that appetising mixed with chocolate?...

Dear Brownies,

I would like to sincerely apologise for having ever doubted you. I have no idea how you do it - at the moment I am putting it down to magic - but do it you definitely do. Thank you, beautiful, beautiful brownies, for being so delectebly delicious.

With love and apologies,

Libby x x
Flat 19 smells of melted chocolate. This is a very good place to live right now.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment