Tuesday 7 August 2012

Paris in black and white

Whenever I think of Paris I see it in black and white. The black stamp of the Eiffel Tower on a paper white sky. Breton striped couples stealing grey kisses in front of black and white brasseries. The photographs of Brassai, Doisneau and Cartier-Bresson.

I spent last week in Paris, and the reality really is as beautiful as my black and white dreams. I went to stay with my old friend Juliette in her Parisien appartment. She is doing work experience at the moment (at Prada no less), so I spent my days wandering around Paris with only my camera for company, meeting up with her in the evenings for dinner and hours of chat (thanks to our friendship more than the fluency of my French).

Being alone in Paris was actually just the way I liked it. It is called the city of love and I can see why. I have fallen head over heels. His name is Paris.









Over the next few days I shall post more of the (many) photographs I took, and share my diary of my week in Paris.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment