Friday 28 June 2013

Inside my suitcase

IMG_0005

I'm going on holiday! And I'm very excited.

I wasn't planning on going away this year, but when my good friends invited me to Italy with them I looked outside at the rain and booked some last minute flights. I leave tomorrow.

After a long year of university work and campaigning, a few days spent doing absolutely nothing will be a delicious luxury, like eating pudding for breakfast.

I am craving warmth and Italian food (juicy flat peaches that ooze when you bit into them, salty proscuitto and plump tomatoes, ICE CREAM...), and the company of my dear friends.

I spent today packing. I am trying to pack light - I want the refreshing feeling of disappearing with as little baggage as possible (physical and otherwise).

Here's what's going in my suitcase...

IMG_0008

Red bikini

I love this cherry red bikini because it's simple and flattering and makes me feel like I should be dancing around in a Special K advert. In a really good way.

I bought it in M&S, not somewhere I was expecting to find sexy swimwear, but I was so impressed on a recent visit there that I was tempted to buy the whole holiday department. Their things are well made and substantial enough for curves, unlike the versions I saw in Topshop that looked as though they were made from dental floss.

I also have a green swimming costume from Marks and Sparks that I love to bits.
IMG_0009

Pink bikini

I couldn't resist this bikini from Victoria's Secret, emblazoned with the title of my book, and mismatch flamingo bottoms. Flamingos are my favourite.
IMG_0010
IMG_0012

Shoes! (And passport)

IMG_0013
IMG_0015

IMG_0017

IMG_0018

Holiday reading...

IMG_0019

And holiday writing...

IMG_0022
My current perfume, that smells like a flowershop.
IMG_0023
Lovely L.K Bennett shoes, nabbed for £40 in a discount outlet in Shepton Mallet near my Dorset home.
IMG_0028
And PANTS, of course.

Have a good week. Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment