Wednesday 27 January 2010

Haute Pink

The Paris spring 2010 couture shows are going on at the moment, which means style.com has become my daily distraction as I lap up the delicious designer concoctions. I am thrilled to see pink on the catwalk yet again, and looking so cool, as per the Alexis Mabille designs above. The young french designer whose first couture collection was adorned with more than 1500 bows, takes a more minimalistic approach this season. I love the contrast of the cerise pink and black and the models' hair is just the icing on the gateau.
John Galliano's collection for Dior took inspiration from the horse riding all American woman, and the Charles James dresses he saw displayed on a visit to the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum, NY. The hot pink, perfectly nipped in riding jacket makes me want to take up riding in a similar way that reading stable adventures when I was younger encouraged me to take a brief sojourn in the saddle. The reality soon sunk in. Riding should be all glamour, adventure and Dior jackets, not rain, mud and hay.

I also love this intricately embellished rose pink shirt, that looks so exquisite and unreal it could only have been sewn by fairies.
Technically not much pink here, but I couldn't help but mention the Chanel couture show. Oh Karl, Karl, how do you do it? How do you instill in me a desperate need for metallic silver tights? (without a lottery winning ticket in my purse these Pamella Mann ones might just have to do if I succumb to my desire - at £9.75 they seem a student friendly alternative.)

Karl Lagerfeld transforms the Chanel woman into a galactic goddess and throws in a boquet of ice cream shades - if the pastel trend wasn't already set to be big for spring, it is now. Blush pink, lilac, pistacchio and lemon - I for one can't wait for the mouth watering colours to consume the high street. Winter has been too long.
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment