Tuesday 19 January 2010

My latest pink acquisition...

Last week I went to Cribb's Causeway, and rejoiced in the Accessorize sale. Normally I avoid sale shopping; I find it too stressful. Squeezing through hords of fashion ravenous shoppers, tiptoeing around the piles of clothes that people seem to enjoy throwing on the floor... and then comes the dreadful confusion: do I really like that dress, or am I simply blinded by its £5 price tag? When it comes down to it I would rather spend a bit more on something I really love and enjoy a pleasant shopping experience where I don't leave wanting to kill someone.

That was until I saw the Accessorize window - hearts, trinkets and rainbow colours drawing me like a moth to a flame. I just couldn't help myself. I was there early, and the shop was nearly empty, so none of the aforementioned sucking in of my breath to squeeze past people. Enjoying the delicious calm I drifted around the shop in a happy daze. I left with a red waist belt, a pair of heart earrings (I'm a sucker for anything with hearts on), a beautiful embroidered bib type necklace and... this sequin union jack bag. I had admired it before but couldn't quite justify its £30 price tag. But £9? I MUST HAVE THAT BAG!! I absolutely love it, and if the multi-coloured sequins and patriotic emblem weren't enough, the cerise pink lining stole my heart.

If you want to get your hands on your own Accessorize are now doing a red, white and blue version, or go Americana with stars and stripes.

I can't wait for a chance to wear mine, but for now it is hanging from my hatstand where I can gaze lovingly at it every day.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment