Monday 25 January 2010

Love Pink.. Love LOVE

With Valentine's Day approaching, romance is very much in Vogue. Get in the romantic mood and wear you heart around your neck with the latest craze in jewellery. Think vintage charms, lockets, antique gold and messages to make any girl swoon. This is a jewellery trend that has sent me head over heels. Here are my favourite crushes:

The image above is of my number one favourite. Yes, it's Rob Ryan. AGAIN. I wish I could decorate my life with his artwork, I would be in a state of eternal, soppy happiness. 'The key to my heart lies buried deep dreaming of you' reads this laser cut wooden key (£23). The necklace is on sale at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park (and on their online shop) as part of the Rob Ryan exhibition which is running until the 21st of February. I am absolutely desperate to go, but I don't think I can persuade someone to drive me the 4 and a half hours there, nor could I really manage the 5 hour train journey and its £115.70 fare (and that's with a railcard). Sigh.

Meanwhile I will just have to cheer myself up with the rest of this loved up jewellery...



I love the pink floral locket above (£12 Diva at Miss Selfridge), especially for its cute little bow.
Cupid strikes again with this gold heart and arrow necklace, £6 at Diva by Miss Selfridge. Simple, but sweet.
Accessorize offers up this pretty envelope necklace, complete with tiny love note. And at just £5 it won't bring your admirer to tears (after all, diamonds aren't ALWAYS possible...)
This Charming Girl make hand made vintage look jewellery straight from dreamland. Their quirky pieces pull at heart strings and are reasonably priced too. 'He who holds the key can unlock my heart' reads the inscription of this cute necklace (£9). It comes in silver too but I prefer the soft gold colour for its loveworn feel.
Another envelope and love letter. Despite the pink heart on the Accessorize version, I think I prefer this necklace (£13) for the finer chain and delicate writing.
This is my second favourite of all this jewellery. I am learning French and Italian and if I could I would learn every single language under the sun. That is why this 'Language of Love' necklace (£9) appeals so much.
And for a touch of pink, this kissing swans cameo necklace (£9).
The Parlor is another online boutique that makes lovely handmade jewellery with a vintage feel. The pink flowers, locket and 'Je t'aime' charm make this bracelet (£39) a recipe for a Libby hit.
I think of all the jewellery this locket ring (£12) has to be the cutest. The only difficulty will be finding a picture of your amour tiny enough to fit inside.
Available to buy at ASOS is this Juicy Couture silver heart necklace (unfortunately £83). 'You are the fairest' aww.
Folksy is a fab website for buying and selling handmade anythings. If you're looking for something a bit different this is the perfect place, as lots of things are one offs and everything is made with love. I love rabbits so this 'Queen Rabbit' heart necklace (£18.50) caught my eye. It is made using Liberty print fabric and is strung on an antique look brass chain.
Also on the Folksy website was this 'From Paris with love' necklace (£16). It's just so pretty!
I have long loved Urban Outfitter's range of jewellery. I think these LOVE stud earrings (£6) are LOVEly. (They also come in a 'hate' version but I MUCH prefer these.)
This pretty heart pendant (£16) opens up as a locket. I love this pale gold colour and the locket is just the right size to carry the one you love.
Also cute is this pearly 'Love' necklace (£14). Exclusive to the website, get your mits on it quick.
Practical and pretty: this gorgeous gold heart which is also a working clock. (£24) My favourite from Urban Outfitters.
'I love you' is the message on this little gold heart (naturally). Also sweet is the blush pink rose charm that hangs from the thin chain. A dainty, whispering love.

All in all love is in the air, and I very much approve. And any one of these would do just perfectly on Valentine's Day thank you very much!

(Only joking, of course.)

Libby

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your inspiration. Your Valentine day ideas really looks great. It was worth of time going through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rose, I'm glad you liked them! :)

    ReplyDelete