Sunday 4 October 2009

How to wear pink

September was a busy month for me so it unfortunately meant no photographing pink things. I have just sent off my application to university; the last month was spent drafting and redrafting my personal statement so many times that I could probably now recite it word for word.

Now that I have more time the camera has come out of hiding.

Whenever people talk to me about the book, there are always some women who say that they love the colour, but that they can't wear it. However I think that there is a shade to suit everyone, and that there are ways of injecting a bit of the colour into your wardrobe. So over the next few weeks I am going to record my many pink outfits. Admittedly I do have a pair of hot pink linen trousers that might be a bit too much for some people, (I wear them when I need cheering up or don't want to get lost in a crowd) but I also like more subtle touches of the colour.
Anyway, this is my take on the colour pink. Libby

Dress number 1:
This is what I call my waterfall dress. It is from Dorothy Perkins and I love the ruffle down the front - to me it looks like a cascading pink stream. I wear it with black opaque tights and knee high boots, or my pair of vintage raspberry, tangerine and green striped shoes with a pointy toe and little heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment