Tuesday 6 October 2009

Bows and Bras

I am obsessed with underwear. Flesh coloured knickers are a crime to humanity, and however much sport I did (admittedly that would never be very much) I could never ever bring myself to buy a sports bra. Why does 'functional' seem to immediately exclude 'pretty'? Perhaps they are hidden away from sight but that doesn't mean they should be forgotten. In the morning when you are bleary-eyed and full of sleep, to open a rainbow knicker draw full of bows and frills can surely only lift your mood.

These are some bras I have decorated. Old bras I have Libbyised are pegged to bunting in my room and hang as if from a washing line. I have customised plain bras for friends and last year's school textiles project featured a whole set of them.

Perhaps I'm just mad, but I think the success of luscious lingerie labels from Agent Provocatuer to Myla and La Perla tell me that I'm not the only one.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment