Saturday 3 October 2009

She and Good Housekeeping

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Many magazines are marking the occasion, and as a result 'Love Pink' was chosen as She Magazine's Book of the Month, and was featured in Good Housekeeping. I was so excited to see the well known heart shaped wreath that is the front cover staring up from the glossy pages. On my way home from school last week I bought 2 copies of each of the magazines, one for my portfolio (I am applying to university at the moment to study fashion journalism) and one to keep. The friends who I walk home with looked a little confused when I asked to make a detour via the newsagents and emerged with my arms laden with magazines. When they asked why I had so many copies I told them, and I then had the unusual experience of watching a group of boys flicking eagerly through Good Housekeeping. It made my day.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment