Monday 5 October 2009

... some of my favourites

Admittedly this hair is dodgy to say the least (I don't see the wind-tunnel look catching on) but I think this outfit at Mulberry makes up for it in coolness. I love the hint of neon pink beneath the sheer dress, and the splash of neon on the shoes. As for the leopard print pink bag, well it could look tacky, but as it's Mulberry I think it is an ironic twist that makes it fabulous.
For Marc Jacob's Marc by Marc collection his models sported these bright pink silk bows as they strutted the catwalk.
Paul Smith was inspired by a new book about the Congolese fashion forward 'sapeurs' and used the colours from the front cover for this orange lined pink suit.
Fuschia and nude pink cropped up at Dior in baby doll and floor skimming dresses. This is pink to smoulder in, following the example of the forties starlets that inspired John Galliano's collection.
Gingham is the new polka dot at Christopher Kane. This baby pink dress also references details of another upcoming trend - lingerie.
I love the clash of orange and pink at Emanuel Ungaro, and the itsy bitsy pink bandage dress. This is hot-pink in every sense of the word.
Isabel Marant showed pink worn with ease and style. The models may be wearing the most feminine of colours, but there is still a 'don't mess with me' attitude to these clothes that I love. The tailored shorts, silver jacket and kick ass fringed boots make this anything but Disney Princess, proving to me how versatile the colour is.
This Issey Miyake outfit makes me think of a flamingo. Masculine shoes + Bubblegum Pink = oh so cool.
Lanvin celebrate their 120th birthday this year, making them France's oldest couture house. Elbar Elbaz sent out a collection surely worthy of the anniversary.

1 comment:

  1. I adore the pink bows shown by Marc Jacobs. What a deliciously 80s twist to make any outfit now look fashionable! Great blog Libby!

    ReplyDelete