Friday 4 February 2011

All's Well In London Town

All's well in London Town. It has been nearly 5 months since this country mouse packed her bags and headed to Hackney. Life has settled into routine and I refer to London as home without batting an eyelid.
Last week my flatmate Daniel and I headed to Columbia Road. I seem to find myself at the fabulous flower market nearly every week. My head may be full of deadlines and uni work, but there is always time for walking amongst the flowers on a Sunday. After all, it must surely be good for my soul.
And, of course, no trip to Columbia Road would be complete without a visit to my hero's gorgeous shop.
A little bit on student living...


During a crazily busy week I managed to survive purely on mammoth amounts of cereal and toast, only to make up for it the following week by heading to Lidl to purchase my bodyweight in vegetables.

As for fears of exhausting my bank balance, I do my bit to budget. Take washing, for example. First comes waiting until the last possible moment. When I have exhausted the final dregs of my wardrobe (this is when leaving the house decently - ie not naked - would involve an imaginative outfit of bed spread, sock (singular) and running leggings (the only little worn item in my wardrobe)) I begrudgingly part with £2.20 and pack the washing machine full. However, I draw the line at paying another £1 for tumble drying. Therefore on washing days my room becomes filled with drying clothes. Bed sheets hang from curtains, t-shirts tuck under books and hang from my bookshelf and tights dangle from my bunting. I don't own any pegs so instead pin all of my underwear to my pinboard. My room is transformed into a weird modern art installation. I was always pants at art. (Sorry, I had to...)

All of these time / money saving techniques leave more for the important things.

(And by important things I mean clothes.)

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment