Saturday 12 February 2011

Pink Week, Saturday

For my penultimate day in pink I am in Nottingham visiting my best friend. I think I was fairly easy to spot as I waited for her outside the station.

"You're so pink!" she said with a smile and a hug, "Pink Libby just makes people happy."
Because this week has confirmed what I always believed: pink is a happy colour. After a week of smiles and laughs it will be strange not to walk out looking like candifloss come Monday. Wearing such a bright colour every day has made me notice even more the sea of black clothes that flood the streets. As my mum said to me today, "It makes you realise what a grey old world it is." And despite the chuckles and bemused expressions I may have caused this week, looking so colourful has definitely made me wake up on the right side of the bed each morning. I'd call that the power of pink.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment